SNF offers a full range of polymer products and equipment to meet the varied needs of the mining industry. Some of markets served by SNF in mining and metallurgical applications:
- Solid liquid separation: decantation and filtration
- Flotation of sulphide ores
- Anti-scale products
- Rheology modifiers for hydraulic transport, mine backfilling and ore crushing
- Reduction of dust emissions
- Remediation of polluted sites
We serve the entire mining and metallurgical industry worldwide:
- Bauxite and alumina manufacturing
- Iron ore at the mine and in the pellet plants
- Treatment of coal and fly ash
- Treatment of ferrous and non-ferrous base metals: lead, copper, zinc, nickel
- Precious metals: gold, silver and platinum group metals
- Industrial minerals: Phosphate & Potash, Aggregates, Kaolin, bentonite, limestone
Much progress has been made in the areas of environment, health and safety. These subjects remain of primary importance and the exposure of workers to smoke, dust and chemical risks must be greatly reduced.
SNF contributes to the sustainable development of the mining industry. The processed minerals are becoming poorer, which implies increased exploitation since consumption continues to grow. The environmental footprint of mines and metallurgical sites will therefore also grow. In particular, more water and energy will be needed to operate the mines of tomorrow. In some countries, the water shortage is readily apparent and recycling is imperative. Some factories are already thinking of operating in a closed circuit system. Our engineers and researchers are working on new product development technologies that meet these challenges. In the field, our technical experts provide the services necessary to achieve these objectives.
Being the world leader in our field means nothing if we cannot provide the best quality of service to our customers. Thanks to our global network, we have developed a service team available 24/7. Our representatives come primarily from the mining industry where they have held positions such as metallurgists, process engineers, production managers, and engineering managers. Our goal is not only to provide a quick response to specific problems, but also to sustainably work with our customers in the context of continuous improvement. Another important commitment of SNF is knowledge sharing: the theoretical and practical training of operators using our products is an important aspect of our business, especially since the mining sector faces a general shortage of skills.