SNF Canada Ltd, a member of the French-based SNF Group, is the market leader in polyacrylamide-based flocculant and coagulant polymers for water and wastewater treatment industries in North America.
Our products are used in a wide array of specialty applications including municipal drinking water and wastewater, industrial process water and wastewater, oil & gas, mining, agriculture, paper, personal care, textiles, construction, and cleaning products.
SNF is a specialty chemical group whose products contribute to treating, recycling, preserving water, saving energy, and reducing carbon footprint. A pioneer in soft chemistry, SNF has long been present on all continents, employing 7,500 people, including more than 2,000 in North America. Innovation and movement toward a cleaner, less carbon-intensive world are great accelerators of SNF’s growth.
With the SNF Group’s turnover of $4.9 Billion in 2022, SNF is the world’s leading manufacturer of water-soluble polymers and associated monomers. SNF has major production sites in the USA (Riceboro, GA; Plaquemine, LA; Pearlington, MS); Europe (France, UK); and Asia (China, India, Korea), with many smaller plants located throughout the world.
SNF Canada has gone to great lengths to ensure the highest standards of quality for its products and the preservation of the environment through its “continuous improvement program.”
Our team of specialized professionals covers Canada nationwide, providing expert advice and ensuring you receive products and equipment of the highest quality that are adapted to your specific application and needs, at the best price, in the shortest timeframe.
Our mission is to offer our customers the most extensive product range available from a single source, at the lowest market price, with technical and sales support from an experienced staff.
Corporate Social Responsibility
SNF Canada adheres to a strict policy of its parent SNF Group regarding sustainable development, environmental issues, and community involvement.
SNF Canada’s mission is to develop, produce and market polymers for water treatment, oil industry, mining, and paper industries while keeping environmental sustainability as one of our top priorities.
In all our activities, we are committed to minimizing pollution and waste. We are constantly improving our processes to ensure environmental impact is minimized. Processes that consume large quantities of water have been minimized, thus reducing specific water consumption sevenfold for each product in the span of 10 years. Rinse water used in production processes, for example, is partly recirculated to achieve a 70 % reduction in water consumption.
Our products also contribute to a safe and healthy environment by helping our customers treat waste, discharge clean effluent, and supply pure drinking water.
SNF Canada ensures that all environmental laws, regulations and codes of conduct are complied with. In all of our activities our mandate is to:
- Conceive safe, new, and efficient technologies which respect the environment
- Reduce the environmental footprint of our production
- Minimize the production of all forms of waste, while handling unavoidable waste in an ecologically responsible manner
- Preserve natural resources through the efficient utilization of energy during production methods
- Ensure all SNF Canada personnel are trained and cognizant with respect to our policies on industrial safety and environmental protection
SNF in the Community
At SNF Canada, we are deeply involved in our community’s life and welfare. We are proud supporters of charities and regularly participate in community events intended to raise funds for medical research.
Here are some of the charities we actively support:
- The Ride to Conquer Cancer, Jewish General Hospital of Montreal
- The Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada
- Breast Cancer Walk, Canadian Natural Resources Ltd.
- Centraide Canada – United Way of Canada
- Les Artisans bé né voles de la Paix, Trois-Rivières
Every year, SNF Canada takes part in the Student Sponsorship offered by the CMP (Canadian Mineral Processors) to a student in mining engineering.
Committed to Customer Satisfaction
Our approach is:
- a simple, direct, personalized approach with our customers
- a proactive organization able to deliver custom-made specialized products, with real-time response
- continuous improvement of our formulations and processes in order to produce and distribute quality products at the lowest environmental costs.
- compliance with applicable laws and progressive production methods which anticipate change