A specialist in water chemistry, SNF is the world’s leading manufacturer of water-soluble polymers for treating and recycling water and wastewater. We operate 21 production facilities, including 7 global integrated sites, across Europe, Australasia, and the Americas, which account for almost half of the world’s polyacrylamide production.
SNF Australia is the market leader in polymer technology and application in Oceania for water and wastewater treatment. We have a strong representation across Australia and New Zealand with our manufacturing plant and head office based in Lara and regional offices and laboratories at all major centres including an alliance partner in PNG.
The Lara production facility manufactures polymers in emulsion and solution form, dispersants, and other specialty chemicals. Our world-class technical expertise, innovative technology, and most advanced product range are supported by SNF’s global manufacturing capacity and proven supply chain ensuring flexibility and continuity of supply.
Understanding and satisfying our customer needs is integral to our collaborative approach to problem-solving, process optimisation, and delivery of tailored solutions to improve our customer’s total cost of ownership, whilst reducing their environmental impact. SNF service a broad range of industries including mining, municipal, wastewater, construction, oil & gas, agriculture, and paper.
SNF is the only leading manufacturer with an extensive product line that includes:
- Cationic monomer
- Acrylamide monomer
- Solution, powder, emulsion, and mannich grade polymers
- Organic coagulants polyDADMAC and polyamine
Supply Chain Continuity
SNF understands that security of supply is critical to our customer’s operations. Our experienced team has a proven track record in managing the supply chain, with effective risk management, contingency planning, and situation response forming the basis of our continuity of supply. Key mitigation strategies include:
- Contingency plans to source products from alternative SNF global integrated sites
- Comprehensive S&OP process and proactive stock management
- Key raw material continuity plans
- Plant management
- International and domestic logistics management with multiple major accredited intermodal freight companies and domestic logistics providers
- Strategic storage locations around the country
Technical Services Support
Our dedicated, world-class technical team provides ongoing technical and practical infield support. We engage with our customers to thoroughly understand their processes and needs and collaboratively develop tailored solutions that deliver productivity, recovery, and cost improvements. The team provides services such as:
- Metallurgical and water treatment process optimisation and problem-solving
- Product screening, comparative performance, and application testing using laboratory, bench-scale and pilot simulation equipment
- Field trials and performance evaluations
- Theoretical and practical training for operators and engineers
Engineering & Equipment Services
Backed by our global equipment and engineering divisions, SNF Australia offers advanced make-up, dosing, and control systems, including:
- Advanced monitoring and polymer dosing control technology – with over 65 Flodose units across Australia, New Zealand, and PNG.
- Powder flocculant make-up and dosing systems including the proprietary PSU™ technology for high-speed dissolution, where the time of dissolution and space for maturation is an issue or the dissolution water has a higher salt concentration.
- Emulsion make-up and dosing systems
- Coagulant storage and dosing systems
- Mining reagent dosing systems
- Advanced monitoring and polymer dosing control technology
- Stock management control technology
REGIONAL REGULATIONS / CERTIFICATIONS
ISO, the International Organization for Standardization, is an independent, non-governmental organization, the members of which are the standards organizations of the 164 member countries. It is the world’s largest developer of voluntary international standards and facilitates world trade by providing common standards between nations. Nearly twenty thousand standards have been set covering everything from manufactured products and technology to food safety, agriculture, and healthcare.
Use of the standards aids in the creation of products and services that are safe, reliable, and of good quality. The standards help businesses increase productivity while minimizing errors and waste. By enabling products from different markets to be directly compared, they facilitate companies in entering new markets and assist in the development of global trade on a fair basis. The standards also serve to safeguard consumers and the end-users of products and services, ensuring that certified products conform to the minimum standards set internationally.
SNF Australia’s Lara facility has been certified to meet ISO 9001:2015 Standards.
SNF products are held to the highest standard and have also been certified by several outside regulatory agencies. Many SNF products are certified as NSF International approved products for use as Water and Wastewater Treatment Chemicals. A listing of certified products can be found here: NSF International
Responsible Care® enables Australia’s leading chemical companies to ensure their products are manufactured and used responsibly throughout the value chain. The initiative drives continuous improvement in safe chemicals management to achieve excellence in environmental, health, safety, and security performance. The Responsible Care Management System offers an integrated, structured approach. The framework is simple, building on a basic “Plan-Do-Check-Act” philosophy that raises the bar for industry-wide performance while allowing flexibility for individual companies and facilities to meet their specific needs.