SNF, the largest manufacturer of polyacrylamide polymers has been committed to delivering cost effective, high performance products and systems to the Canadian Oil Sands since 2002. SNF is dedicated to delivering class-leading chemistries for non-conventional crude production in the Canadian Oil Sands. We understand the critical issues facing today’s tailings management. SNF provides consultation and servicing throughout the CAPEX and OPEX stages of tailings management including:
- Development of mechanical, operational, and chemical management strategies to help maximize efficiencies from the ground up
- Implementation of solutions to enhance productivity and maximize environmental sustainability
SNF experts help operators solve problems unique to oil sands. Our water and process expertise is inherently beneficial due to continuous treatment required for reuse and recycling of water necessary for separation.
Tailings are made up of natural materials including water, fine silts, residual bitumen, salts, and soluble organic compounds. They also include solvents that are added to bitumen during the separation process.
- Bitumen is derived from the oil sands deposits by open-pit mining and water-based extraction techniques
- Recovered bitumen is upgraded into marketable low-sulphur synthetic crude oil (SCO)
Tailings management seeks to improve the speed and efficiency with which tailings, including MFT (mature fine tailings) can be settled, consolidated, and used for reclamation purposes – all while reducing the need for larger and larger land areas for ponds.
SNF Mining personnel work with our customers to help improve tailings management operations, and to comply with current regulatory directives.
PRIMARY AND SECONDARY EXTRACTION
SNF understands the challenges Oil Sands operators face. Primary and secondary extraction require increasingly efficient separations, and therefore, SNF offers a portfolio of products that handle:
- Primary Extraction
- Flotation improvement
- Tailings management
- Secondary Extraction
- Polymers and Dispersants
Look to SNF for effective and efficient solutions to:
- Mitigate technical risk by testing process technologies on a pilot scale
- Offer a safe, flexible, and cost-effective method to demonstrate and optimize production aspects
- Give operators the ability to test the commercial viability of new technologies before capital investment